Back for a third year, we are excited to announce this years Reigate and Redhill's Great Big Green Week coming on the 10th -18th June. The Great Big Green Week is the UK’s biggest ever celebration of community action to tackle climate change and protect nature. Set up by the Climate Coalition, thousands of events across the country are being organised to celebrate local action.
We've been working with lots of great organisations in the local area to bring together a fantastic week of activities for all to get involved in.
We've got a great mix of events already lined up for the week, including:
- A Sustainability Market in Reigate Methodist Church - Saturday 10th June
- Eco fair organised by Eco Earlswood at St John's Church Hall - Sunday 18th June 2-6pm
- A litter pick in Heston Road on Saturday 10th June 2-4pm
- Earlswood Nature and Wildlife walking tour with Simon Elson - Earlswood Common - Monday 12th at 6pm
- Climate cafe - a friendly space to talk about thoughts and feelings related to the climate and ecological crisis. New Leaf - Monday 12th June at 7:30pm
- People, planet and pint drinks - come down to meet and have a drink with others interested in sustainability - sign up here - The Home Cottage, Redhill, Saturday 17th June from 6pm
- A movie screening of the The Letter: A Message for our Earth on Friday 9th June at Redhill Baptist Church 7:30pm
During the week, we'll also be encouraging people to write their letters to tomorrow and post them on a tree at New Leaf in Woodhatch and working with ArtMatters where you can have a go at printing as part of a collaborative environmental art piece. We'll also be working with schools to deliver talks and encourage them to organise a series of activities for their students.
We would love to get more people involved, so if you are interested in organising an event please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will support in publicising the event.
We look forward to seeing you at this years Great Big Green Week!